Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8215) win32 client: draw_fog_part doesn't use a mask

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8215) win32 client: draw_fog_part doesn't use a mask
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:28:13 -0800

I finally figured out why the win32 client was drawing ugly oceans.

It turns out that when the client draws fog, it doesn't use a mask to
limit where the fog is drawn.  It instead uses a stock fog tile, which
doesn't work with the four subtiles in the ocean.

I think this also fixes those odd situations where pieces of neighboring
tiles weren't fogged because they were outside the area of the base tile.

This patch might become obsolete soon due to the movement of more
drawing code into the common section, but here it is anyway.

-James Canete