Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7555) Wrong assert in packhand.c:handle_city_info

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7555) Wrong assert in packhand.c:handle_city_info
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:45:26 -0800

Remi Bonnet wrote:

>>+  /* We should be able to see units in the city.  But for a diplomat
>>+   * investigating an enemy city we can't.
>>

> A diplomat see units in city IIRC...

Yes, but because of a major hack they don't get added to ptile->units or
pplayer->units or the global unit hash.  They just get added to
pcity->info_supported_units, and are deleted when the citydlg window closes.

Thus, we should still rely on the pcity->client.occupied value to
determine whether to draw the flag.  Since we'll continue to get short
city packets on every change this should work out just fine.

But as I said before, in the long run I'd like to fix the hack.  I have
a patch to do this but it's incomplete.

jason