Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7448) misdetected libraries under mingw

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7448) misdetected libraries under mingw
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:46:43 -0800

When I try to configure & compile under mingw (i586-mingw32msvc), I get
the following misdetections:

- NLS tries to configure but fails.  I think this probably happens on
other systems.  If NLS isn't present shouldn't we compile without it
automatically?

- ESD support worms its way in.  No doubt this is because I have an
esd-config program installed globally, and it tells configure that ESD
is present.  But a simple compilation test would show that neither esd.h
nor libesd are present.  Our ESD detection is pretty mediocre.

- The gtk2 client is built instead.  No doubt this is exactly the same
problem as with ESD.  Of course we don't control the detection of the
GTK libraries, they're handled by an external macro.  We should upgrade
to the most recent version and/or report the bug to the gtk people.

All in all I have to compile with

   ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --enable-client=win32
--disable-esd --disable-nls

Surely some of this can be improved.

jason