Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7420) [freeciv #7394] MingW compiling error (Reply)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7420) [freeciv #7394] MingW compiling error (Reply)
From: "Pavel Bogdan" <swromania21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:13:38 -0800

Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [swromania21@xxxxxxxxx - Sat Jan 31 22:48:24 2004]:
>

> I have posted you the whole section from make, related to those
> errors... If you need all(from the very beginning) that make had
> generated I will attach a zip file containing the text. Please
> specify if this is what you need.

What version of the source are you compiling? Does your
client/Makefile.am have an entry like:

civclient_LDADD = @gui_sources@/libguiclient.a \
@INTLLIBS@ ../common/aicore/libaicore.a \
../common/libcivcommon.a agents/libagents.a
../common/aicore/libaicore.a \
@CLIENT_LIBS@ @SOUND_LIBS@

where ../common/aicore/libaicore.a is listed *twice*? This is sometimes
needed for the linker to figure things out.

jason

I believe the version is 1.14.0    And no, I don't have the extra code
line in makefile.am  But I added it and recompiled and the error
persists.(nothing changed). Should I redo a "./configure" after modifying
that file or is the "make install" enough?

Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [swromania21@xxxxxxxxx - Sat Jan 31 22:48:24 2004]:
>

> I have posted you the whole section from make, related to those
> errors... If you need all(from the very beginning) that make had
> generated I will attach a zip file containing the text. Please
> specify if this is what you need.

What version of the source are you compiling? Does your
client/Makefile.am have an entry like:

civclient_LDADD = @gui_sources@/libguiclient.a \
@INTLLIBS@ ../common/aicore/libaicore.a \
../common/libcivcommon.a agents/libagents.a
../common/aicore/libaicore.a \
@CLIENT_LIBS@ @SOUND_LIBS@

where ../common/aicore/libaicore.a is listed *twice*? This is sometimes
needed for the linker to figure things out.

jason

I believe the version is 1.14.0    And no, I don't have the extra code
line in makefile.am  But I added it and recompiled and the error
persists.(nothing changed). Should I redo a "./configure" after modifying
that file or is the "make install" enough?

Do you Yahoo!?