[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7144) Experimental data directory

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7144) Experimental data directory
From: "imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:47:26 -0800

On 03-12-23 you wrote:

> Have fun.  This is set as patch exists, even though it is not
> technically a patch.  It should be untarred from inside the data directory.

I think that the changes are good, but there's not enough of them.
There are features that need testing badly, but need to be compiled
in, just like the recent city population trade bonus patch (without a
RT number, which is bad.) (BTW, I think that it would work well with
my per-city tech cost grow patch.) I know everyone can do that, but I
also know noone will :/ Those patches need to be gathered in one
place.

IMO, that's the kind of things that the new Freeciv website could
manage quite well. People would submit patches, other people could
comment on individual patches. A webforum would be the place to
discuss patch combinations which work best, worst or just work.

--
{ Marek Baczyński :: UIN 57114871 :: GG 161671 :: JID imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  }
{ http://www.vlo.ids.gda.pl/ | imbaczek at poczta fm | http://www.promode.org }