[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the lack of respect for cloners

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the lack of respect for cloners
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:42:33 -0800

From: Paul Zastoupil [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:51:26PM -0800, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> >
> > And while you continue to contemplate your happy usership, I will be
> > implementing Ocean Mars, and possibly even BetterFreeciv.
>
> Great!  I'm sure if you spend more time on these stated goals and less
> time flaming the Freeciv lists, everyone will be happier.

That depends.  Part of the reason for the flames is to find the silent
dissenters.  The potential allies.  If there are none, the BetterFreeciv
project has a different dimension.  No point doing something that nobody
appears to want but myself, and that won't actually profit me.  If I
really have walked into a crowd of techies that don't care about game
design at all, I will eventually accept it and move on.  Still hoping
otherwise.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"Desperation is the motherfucker of Invention." - Robert Prestridge