[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:29:00 -0800

I've been trying all year to get the native Amiga version of Freeciv
to compile to no avail.  Basically I'm not good enough at C to figure
out what's going on.

AFAIK it has been uncompilable since at least March, I downloaded
an old snapshot and wouldn't work either.

From what I can gather from RT there are numerous things that have
broken it - graphics code being shifted to common, C99 (?), and
recently the delta stuff.

However this has all been since March so obviously there's something
else breaking it too.  At least on my system.

However today I downloaded the 1.14.0 source and that wouldn't compile
either so I have to assume that something's wrong at my end.

Has anyone managed to compile the native Amiga version at any time
since 1.14.0?  Does anyone use it other than me?

Can anyone figure out what's going on?

     -Morgan

Here's the output when trying to compile the Dec 16 snapshot:

SAS/C_SMAKE 6.3
Copyright (C) 1992 SAS Institute, Inc.
        execute temp_smk.tmp
        sc ANSI IDLEN=40 NOLINK DATA=FAR NOSTKCHK IGNORE=63 NOVERSION
DEFINE=HAVE_CONFIG_H LIB LIB:debug.lib DEFINE=NDEBUG MATH=IEEE LIB
LIB:scmieee.lib DEFINE=MIAMI_SDK amigaserver.c IDIR=NetInclude: IDIR=/common
OBJNAME=sas_68k/amigaserver.o

====================
{
amigaserver.c 389 Error 72: conflict with previous declaration
                            See line 84 file "include:fcntl.h"

====================
{
amigaserver.c 431 Error 72: conflict with previous declaration
                            See line 85 file "include:fcntl.h"

====================
{
amigaserver.c 440 Error 72: conflict with previous declaration
                            See line 88 file "include:fcntl.h"
sc failed returncode 20

*** SMAKE: Error return from child process ***

*** SMAKE: STOP ***

And here's the output when trying to compile 1.14.0:

SAS/C_SMAKE 6.3
Copyright (C) 1992 SAS Institute, Inc.
        execute temp_smk.tmp
        sc RESOPT ANSI IDLEN=40 NOLINK DATA=FAR NOSTKCHK IGNORE=63 NOVERSION
DEFINE=HAVE_CONFIG_H LIB LIB:debug.lib DEFINE=NDEBUG MATH=IEEE LIB
LIB:scmieee.lib DEFINE=MIAMI_SDK amigaserver.c IDIR=NetInclude: IDIR=/common
OBJNAME=sas_68k/amigaserver.o
        sc RESOPT ANSI IDLEN=40 NOLINK DATA=FAR NOSTKCHK IGNORE=63 NOVERSION
DEFINE=HAVE_CONFIG_H LIB LIB:debug.lib DEFINE=NDEBUG MATH=IEEE LIB
LIB:scmieee.lib DEFINE=MIAMI_SDK /ai/advattitude.c IDIR=`cd` IDIR=NetInclude:
IDIR=/common IDIR=/server OBJNAME=sas_68k/ai/advattitude.o

====================
enum choice_type { CT_NONE = 0, CT_BUILDING = 0, CT_NONMIL, CT_ATTACK
/common/city.h 160 Warning 79: duplicate of enumeration value on line 160

====================
struct ai_choice;
/ai/aitools.h 18 Error 63: item "ai_choice" already declared
                           See line 177 file "/common/city.h"

====================
struct city;
/ai/aitools.h 19 Error 63: item "city" already declared
                           See line 19 file "/common/unittype.h"

struct unit;
/ai/aitools.h 22 Error 63: item "unit" already declared
                           See line 22 file "/common/unittype.h"

struct ai_choice;
/ai/advattitude.h 17 Error 63: item "ai_choice" already declared