[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6973) civ3foodbox

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6973) civ3foodbox
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:41:34 -0800

Here's the patch, so that it can be archived.

It will have to be updated for current CVS.

I'm also not sure if the design is good.  If changes are made to this
code they should satisfy as many possible future rulesets as possible.
The two altorithms we have now are pretty simple:

civ1/civ2/default:
  size 1 => 20
  size +1 => +10

civ3:
  size 1..n => 20
  size n+1..m => 40
  size >= m+1 => 60

Although the city size is unbounded, it seems that even a stupid
algorithm could account for these and many more possibilities with just
a few ruleset values.

One idea:

  [foodbox]
  size1 = 20
  size9 = 40
  size13 = 60
  increment = 0

or

  [foodbox]
  base = {20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 40, 40, 40, 40, 60}
  increment = 0

-jason