[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) veteran level v4

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx, james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) veteran level v4
From: "raven@xxxxxxxxx" <raven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:26:55 -0800

> But I do think the large number of levels is dodgy. It doesn't make
> all that much sense to have more than 3-4 levels, including green, in
> this game engine. A fair bit of unit management is already required
> just to bring any veteran from where it is to the front.

I'm not quite up to date on this issue, but I like the idea of more levels
of veteran and better graphical representation of it.  Also, I really hope
it's modifiable - i.e., I hope the engine is hard-coded to handle perhaps
more levels than necessarily make sense in the default ruleset, cause you
never know what will make sense with other settings changed around a lot.
If it could be a setting in a rule set somewhere, that would be great.  I
guess I should really read back on this topic and have a better idea what
the exact implementation is going to be before I rant, but if "how high of
a veteran level is allowed" was a setting on each unit in the
units.ruleset, it could be very useful.  (Yay, flexability!)

--Zack