[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 16

To: Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 16
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:50:50 +0100

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 01:32:42PM +0100, Andreas Røsdal wrote:
> > All dependency files contain only the line
> >
> >   # dummy

This line is created by the depcomp tool. This tool was included in
the freeciv 1.14.0 release tarball. It isn't part of the CVS however.

There is no valid reference to depcomp in the makefile you sent. I
don't know who called this tool. Can you please look if you have this
tool in the root dir or freeciv or in your PATH? If so please rename
it and see if some other tools tries to call it during autogen.sh or
make. If you find it please also send it.

My current guess is this depcomp tool doesn't cope with the compiler
output. You can also set the LANG variable to a neutral value in case
the i18ned output is the problem.

> > This is the problem. I suspect that automake 1.7 is causing this. What
> > compiler are you using?
>
> gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)
>

> > Can you please run:
> >
> >  cd common
> >  gcc -Wp,-MD,out -c city.c
> >  gcc -MT city.o -MD -MP -MF out2 -c -o city.o city.c
> >
> > and mail the files "out" and "out2".
>
> attached.

These look perfectly normal.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in