[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6941) Mission Orders

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6941) Mission Orders
From: "Arnstein Lindgard" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:51:51 -0800

Feature: Delayed execute Orders in combination with Goto.

Compile:
- Apply Delta 16 to current cvs.
- Apply deltamissions.diff.
- Run python packet generator.
- Untar gfx.tar.gz into the source tree.
- Run autogen.

I'm posting the patch itself to the list to avoid data corruption.

Usage:
- Key "G" for goto.
- Key Mission Order.
- Click on destination.
- Order is executed when unit arrives at destination.

Unlike the war client, mission orders are now executed proper in the
server. It would be a good thing if someone more familiar with the
server code than me approved of this. I have reasonably exhaustive,
exact and explicit comments. Most of the sizyness of my diff is for
the client, reordering and modifying the gtk[12] menu setup.

This patch is fundamental to my further unit logistics work,
and I would prefere to commit as soon as possible.

Its usefulness can be augmented by Mass Orders:
- "Make all Armors that were produced this turn goto Rome and
  automatically Sentry when they get there, so that they can be
  loaded by a transporter." with just one extra keypress.

Or conceivably:
- "Area select a bunch of cities and order them to produce units that
  will automatically goto Rome and automatically Sentry for transporter

With unit groups assignment you could ultimately have practically
autonomous regions.

AI mission orders is not supported.

Arnstein