[Freeciv-Dev] veterancy icons

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] veterancy icons
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:37:07 +0000 (GMT)

I plan to commit veteran level icons soon. I have drawn the following set
of icons for veteran statuses myself, 10 in all, the first being empty.
They were drawn with lots of helpful input from Raimar, Vasco and 'mur' on
the irc channel.

See
http://www.leftist.net/perrin/Screenshot-2.png
http://www.leftist.net/perrin/Screenshot-3.png
http://www.leftist.net/perrin/units.png
http://www.leftist.net/perrin/tiles.png

They try to satisfy four criteria here:
   - they shouldn't be too big
   - they should be distinct
   - they should clearly indicate a progression (which is better)
   - they should be distinct also for colourblind

I have tried a lot of different suggestions and variants, and the result I
came up with is the one that I think best satisfies all four criterias.

I am open for simple suggestions for changes to the series that I drew, or
if someone else want to draw an entire new series, but otherwise I think
it should go in. They can be improved later when we have player feedback
or an artist who can make it better.

  - Per