[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts after playing C&C Generals

To: Arnstein Lindgard <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts after playing C&C Generals
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:34:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Arnstein Lindgard wrote:
> Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You forgot that mass-unitmovement is better in C&C than it is in the
> > current freeciv. (war client)
>
> Could you outline how C&C does it, or spell out some specifics that
> you liked, while you remember it?

Same way as Starcraft. You drag the mouse, select some units, CTRL+1 to
register them as a group, then you can press '1' whenever you want to
refocus on that group. You left-click to move the group to whereever you
want it, and right-click to remove the group selection.

A nice feature that is not in Starcraft is 'x' to scatter selected units.
Probably not applicable to Freeciv.

Oh, one thing I forgot: Replays are just soooo useful! I often watch good
replays of games to learn those latest, coolest tricks of the trade.

  - Per