Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Bugs in unit displays in 1.14 beta

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Bugs in unit displays in 1.14 beta
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:50:38 -0300 (ADT)

You might already know about thse, it might be one of the minor bugfixes
mentioned as being in the new 1.14.1 beta.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and still get the problems. Tried
saving the game, killing the client and the server and starting both
again, still get the problem.

It shows some info from the wrong unit, in the unit area of the main
window, when a unit is active. So I will for example focus on a spy in a
city and it will say its a spy but claim its from some completely wrong
city than where its actually from, claim it is on ocean with 7 moement
points. The data from the transport (I have magellans) that was the
prviously focussed unit.

Also in the little unit-command popup windows it often doesnt say what
kind of unit it is where it is from or its movement points. Initially this
happened for units obtained as part of the deal when I bought an enemy
city with a spy. But gradually it has become endemic all over the place -
more and more units seem to have gotten infected with the problem.

If someone would kindly make a RPM for RedHat 8.0 of the more-recent beta
I'd like to upgrade and start testing the more recent one... :)

-MarkM-

-- Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/