Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6201) 1.14: SDL mixer compilation problem

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6201) 1.14: SDL mixer compilation problem
From: "John Bauman" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:57:04 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <undisclosed-recipients:>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:02 PM
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6201) 1.14: SDL mixer compilation problem

> [john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Tue Oct 14 02:58:17 2003]:
>
> >> I have just tried it again with CVS-Oct-12, and I have the exact
> >> same problem. The ./configure script says everything is fine (in
> >> particular, it finds SDL_mixer.h), but 'make' (which is gmake)
> >> fails to compile it.
> >
> > Have you tried changing the "#include <SDL_mixer.h>" in
> > client/audio_sdl.c to "#include <SDL/SDL_mixer.h>"?
>
> No, I hadn't, so I tried it just now. Actually, I changed both
> #include <SDL.h>
> #include <SDL_mixer.h>
> in client/audio_sdl.c to
> #include <SDL/SDL.h>
> #include <SDL/SDL_mixer.h>
> and it worked! So, it may not really be a problem after all, but I
> still find it confusing that ./configure reports everything as OK
> when it isn't.
I think that the problem is that we're actually supposed to do '#include
"SDL.h"' (and presumably '#include "SDL_mixer.h"').  Or at least that's what
it says on the SDL website:
http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=2#19  What we're
using is nonstandard, but it works on almost all computers. If changing it
to that works, I think that a patch to change it should go into CVS.