[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6183) barbarians on the poles

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6183) barbarians on the poles
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:07:41 -0700

[glip - Fri Sep 19 11:03:00 2003]:

> > - Let mapgen determine what's polar and what's not.
>
> Can we instead not have barbarian uprising on a certain type of terrain,
> like T_ARCTIC ?  Because nobody leaves there.

That would be possible, but would keep the current bug.  It would still
be possible to get barbarians on the poles (a rediculous proposition)
since the poles aren't all ARCTIC.

We could perhaps make both ARCTIC and TUNDRA like this.

There is a similar problem with hut placement.  Seems to me the logic
should be identical for both.  So which is it to be?

without a strong opinion,
jason