[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5378) Automatic style enforcement

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5378) Automatic style enforcement
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:36:03 -0700

[glip - Fri Sep 19 12:44:18 2003]:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
>
> > OK, the "if("s are fixed.  That's all I found for remaining style
> > errors.  This whole style thing is getting really annoying.  Has
> > anyone written some tools to help with it?
>
> I don't know any such tools unfortunately.  I think Raimar had
> something.

Would 'indent' work? (http://www.gnu.org/directory/indent.html)

If so, after getting the settings as desired, it should be possible to
apply it to all the files at once if you really want to enforce a
certain style.  (Of course, that means that files would be updated that
have no change in code.)  In any case, I'd suggest putting such settings
as a cut-and-paste command line in "How to Contribute" so that people
can apply indent before submitting patches, and possibly automatically
applying indent before committing new files.

--

++JohnWheeler