[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5378) Diplomacy information in map middle-click

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5378) Diplomacy information in map middle-click
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:25:22 -0700

This is the problem with facist "style police" overloading patches with
unnecessary non-technical fixes, then using this to block inclusion of
worthwhile code.

If the style faults are that difficult to spot, or simply propagation
of previous code style, rather than upgrading to the new-world-order
of the moment, then ignore them.

Style issues will always be fixed over time as code is updated, and in
the case of the minor nits that seem to cause the most headaches are
totally irrelevant to any but the facist types.

Maintainers need to develop a more flexible realistic attitude in such
cases, and save the heavy handedness for the really bad style issues.

Cheers,
RossW
=====

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote: