[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4757) server_crash: pending_seen is off

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4757) server_crash: pending_seen is off
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:00:11 -0400

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4757) server_crash: pending_seen is off
From:
"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:33:43 +0000 (GMT)
To:
rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Jason Short wrote:

Theodoric has some fanatics at (75, 26), as well as 5 other units off a
ways.The pending_seen error is at 76,25.  There is a city at this
position belonging to Theodoric.The error occurs in move_unit when the
Fanatics move out of the city.

Oddly, Theodoric seems to have just been summoned this turn.Or
something.When the savegame is loaded Genseric exists but not
Theodoric.summon_barbarians() is called, but I didn't step through it
very far.At this point Genseric has is_alive==FALSE, but still has one
unit remaining.Yes, it's the same partisans as above (ID 293).

Same as above, where?

Err, the partisans and the fanatics are the same. I think they were both partisans.

In fact Genseric is already dead when the game is loaded, and his
partisans are there the whole time.So perhaps this is not enough to
trace the whole bug...

Is Genseric is_dying=TRUE? In any case, I think pending_seen bug predates
the F_GAMELOSS flag.

is_dying==FALSE.

This error could relate to the old F_GAMELOSS is_dying problem. I don't remember it pre-dating that. People claim to still be seeing it (I have not), but at least in this case the bug is present in the savegame not in the code.

jason