[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6170) Alternative city square utilizations

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6170) Alternative city square utilizations
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:01:53 -0700

--- Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John Wheeler wrote:
>
> > This whole idea probably will work best when
> gen-topology is implemented.
>
> I don't think gen-topology has anything to do with
> this.  If you want to work on it, you might as well
> start now.

Oof!  Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm definitely
not going to work on it anytime soon.  The last time I
did any kind GUI programming was in Java 1.0; before
that was Windows 3.0, and I cut my teeth on ncurses.
Adding a simple "Diplomacy" item to the menu has been
very instructional for me.  (Don't people use .rc
resource files anymore?)  Also, as the semester gets
going, I'm going to need to cut back on my civving;
I'm mainly trying to get my ideas out before I forget
them. :-P

I do understand that gen-topology is not at all
required to do this, but I am concerned that it may
need to be redone once gen-topology is implemented.

++JohnWheeler