[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4594) topology fix for goto route packet

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4594) topology fix for goto route packet
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:43:38 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:45:37AM -0700, rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Under the current system this is the defined invalid coordinate. Unless
> the specific codepath has been overridden to accept and deal this case,
> the move request should fail.

ok, so we mandate that for the client to behave properly, it _must_ know
about the special case of (-1,-1) not being a normal position.

This does seem to be restricting client behavior which you write is not
necessary or advisable. None of this really bothers me, it's just so
difficult to get a straight _and_ parseable answer from you Ross ;)

-mike