[Freeciv-Dev] Re: sounds

To: Brendan Gibbs <cairpra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: sounds
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:09:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Brendan Gibbs wrote:
> My name is Brendan Blair VF, and I teach C++ and Java to lots of budding
> little turnips. I havent managed to get a game of freeciv running yet (I
> just downloaded it), however I noted that you have a requirement for sound.
>
> I had asuccessful internet Album in Australia and I would be happy and
> honored for it to be used in the freeciv game.
>
> The songs with the most popularity were as follows:
>  Alone No 1 for 2 months.
>  Photosynthesising No 13.
>  I wanna rock No 25
>  Misery No 1.
>
> If you are interested in listening or using the music in the game, my
> website is www.mp3.com.au/cairpra

Great music! However, it is not, IMHO, really appropriate for Freeciv. We
need something more soft and sedated, without vocals, that people don't
tire off quickly but that can drone on in the background endlessly and
supply the right atmosphere.

cullam Bruce-Lockhart <cullambl@xxxxxxxxx> is in the process of writing
custom music for Freeciv.

  - Per