[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5103) ai diplomacy

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5103) ai diplomacy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:24:19 -0700

[chrisk - Sat Aug 23 20:25:51 2003]:
> For the design-board:
>
> Changes in rules for alliances:
>
> Players automatically declare war to anyone attacked one of their
> allies, this without reputation loss and without "stages" in treaties
> canceling from any level of treaty wich could exist with the attacker.
>
> Consequently, humans haven't anymore the choice not to declare war to
> their allies' attackers.
>

> Current implementation of diplomacy lacks:
>
> - A client interface for the alliance structures (and leaders).
>
> - A way for humans to be alliance leaders and to suggest a common enemy
>   to allied ais (new clause type in treaties).
>
> - A "real time" behavior of "cascading war declarations" : all war
> declarations implied by an attack on an allied should happen on the same
> turn if the attacker has been "contacted", or on the turn of 1st contact.
>
> - Better texting of messages and additional messages to make things
clearer.

> - Help text.

I am going to need some help getting the above specified a little bit
more. Making the 'alliance leader' concept into a real game concept, not
just an AI crutch, is going to demand some thinking through. I am not
sure how to do it.

I have made tickets against all clients for showing diplomatics, I guess
this needs to be updated with alliance leaders. Anything else specifically?

  - Per