[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3446) Report at endgame

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3446) Report at endgame
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:53:02 -0700

[jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Aug 31 20:56:24 2003]:

> This patch generates an endgame report that includes the players score,
> number of cities, military service, number of technologies and population.
>
> The original patch applies (-p1) and works with cvs as of 2003 Aug 29 and
> is attached below.
>
> In the discussion the only comment was that instead a more detailed
> demographics report should be created.  Since noone jumped up to create
> that, I propose that this version be applied to cvs since the
functionallity
> seems useful to me as is.

But, there is a substantial problem with the patch.  The score report is
simply a dialog full of text.  This patch changes this into a table
form, but the table layout is enforced via text padding.  Thus it will
only work if the GUIs widget is set up just properly and uses
fixed-width text.  This is a definite step backwards.

Attached is my cleanup of this patch, which still has the same problem.

I am all in favor of a dedicated end-game dialog.

jason