[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5072) Alliance with AI bugs

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5072) Alliance with AI bugs
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:42:06 -0700

[per - Wed Aug 13 13:33:39 2003]:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > When the last city of an AI ally has been conquered, it is still
> possible to
> > have a meeting with him. It is even possible to make a treaty (give
> him a
> > tech), and it is possible to set up a clause to get his gold (though
> > couldn't talk him into accepting this clause).
>
> This isn't a bug, though: A player is not dead automatically when his
> units and cities disappear, but only if the turn ends and he still
> does
> not have any cities or units at his disposal. You could give him a
> city
> through diplomacy and save his life.
>
> > Next turn game tells me he's dead. Then, for a short moment the
> world map is
> > revealed, shortly after this is revoked again.
>
> Ooops.
>
> > Note also my other post (or bug report?) that when you make alliance
> with
> > hard AI player, you get the world map at once.
>
> Strange. I've never seen this.
>
>   - Per

I was trying to playtest AI diplomacy, but I could not meet the
easy AI (only tried this one so far).
How do I meet the AI?
Could not get diplomat to AI city to make an embassay.
Diplomat was adjacient to city, with one movement point left.
City was on river, same river as diplomat.
Goto into the city wouldn't bring up the diplomat action dialog.