[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4426) Adding append command to gui-gtk-2.0

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4426) Adding append command to gui-gtk-2.0
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:28:19 -0700

[jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Aug 31 13:43:00 2003]:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:51:20PM -0700, Michael Mielke wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see the ability for worklists of where you place the
> > workers in the city.
>
> It would certainly be possible to place say, a CMA agent change on the
> worklist.  However, this would be far more work and a far more
> complicated
> patch than I have the time or interest in working on right now.  Feel
> free to
> add this as a wishlist bug to rt.

I think CMA agent changes would need to be part of a more general agent,
or text client.  (For example, at the beginning of the game, I
frequently optimize for food until a city grows to size 2, then optimize
for shields until a settler is built.  The first change wouldn't work at
all on a worklist.)

I haven't exhaustively tested the patch yet, but so far I really like it
and hope to see it soon in CVS.

--

++JohnWheeler