[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4416) Re: building multiple units in a city

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4416) Re: building multiple units in a city
From: "Genevieve Gracian" <ggracian@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:03:06 -0700

Hello,

Depending on how the "multiple units building" (I'd prefer
"multiple item building") interracts with worklists I think they
are some questions about the fact that it's currently possible
to carry prod points from a turn to the next one after an item
completion.

I sometimes accumulate prod points by building settler in a size
1/0 food surplus city then when enough points are stockpiled
switch to, say a warrior then a "cheap wonder" (pyramids or
lighthouse) so that I don't lose any prod. I find that very
useful for surprise effect in building wonder before I have
researched trade.

Well, maybe the fact that this is possible is a bug (at least it
seems to me that carrying prod points to the next turn after an
item completion isn't possible in civ2)

Anyway, I wouldn't like to find myself with 21 warriors in one
turn and 0 prod points left for the next item.

Btw, on the 21 warriors 15 of them would be killed as soon as
they're born because if the city had prod stockpiled to build
them it hasn't enough prod for their upkeep.

--
G. Gracian