[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5113) Strange shared vision

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5113) Strange shared vision
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:49:44 -0700

[guest - Sat Aug 16 08:13:16 2003]:

> I have an alliance with LLywein. We have have both given shared vision
> to the other but i see only a hole in the fog, not units and not cities.
>
> Attached savegame.

Ummm....

It looks to me like shared vision will never reveal units.  I've never
noticed this, but perhaps it's not something easily noticed.  Can anyone
confirm?

The culprit is the call to map_get_known2 in can_player_see_unit_at
(called by send_unit_info_to_onlookers, among others).  map_get_known2
does not check shared vision!

jason