[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5488) players need info about diplomatic relations wit

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5488) players need info about diplomatic relations without embassy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 04:58:58 -0700

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Yes. You know about the diplomatic relations of other players when you
> > have an embassy to them.
>
> This won't really help you in regard of treaties. because you'll need
> sometimes to make war against a player you *don't* have an embassy with.

Good point. Then we need a rules change: Players should know the
diplomatic relations of any player they are in contact with (meaning they
can do diplomacy with that player).

(I think taking the step all the way, and saying you should always know
diplomatic relations of other players is a bit too much.)

This becomes a case for the design board, though, so I make it a new RT
ticket.

  - Per