[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5437) wishlist: new unit, the worker

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5437) wishlist: new unit, the worker
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:09:09 -0700

> Now we have three candidates for worker graphics:
>
> - http://pubserver.freeciv.org/~paulz/pdzworker.png
> - http://www.leftist.net/perrin/units.png
> - http://www.leftist.net/perrin/units_mod.png
>
> I don't really think any of these are all that good. Can other
> people with some artistic inclination have a shot at it? Then,
> unless there is one that is obviously best, we can have a web page
> poll to pick which one to use, I guess :-)
>
>  - Per

Here's the graphic I made that I've been using for a while.  Per's
already seen it at the Apolyton forum and didn't like it, but maybe
other people will :)

Of the three above I think the first is possibly the best because it's
quite distinctive.  I feel we need a more ancient or medieval style
graphic though as these are essentially the periods in which the
worker will be used.  But it's tricky to make a graphic that can't
easily be confused with a military unit.  Maybe someone with a
wheelbarrow?

     -Morgan

PNG image