[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5141) "Next time open" not persistent

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5141) "Next time open" not persistent
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:16:55 -0700

--- Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is not easily solvable since the .civclientrc
> data is saved by the
> common client code, but the city dialog pages are
> gui-specific.

Okay, I guess I'm still having some trouble getting a
handle on the whole common/gui client division.  I
thought it had more to do with different calling
requirements the GUIs had, rather than being
functionally different.

> We could just save an integer value for which page
> to open, but if you
> switched clients this value would become garbage.
> Is that preferable to
> not saving it at all?

I presume like me most people only use one client, so
becoming garbage on switching probably wouldn't
matter.  OTOH, this wasn't a problem for me until the
dialog got reworked in gui-gtk2 and the accelerators
for the tabs were dropped.  Eventually (if no one else
does it first) I'll try to figure out the GTK2 GUI and
how to restore the accelerators myself.

++JohnWheeler