[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5419) Marketplace should have 0 upkeep.

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5419) Marketplace should have 0 upkeep.
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:37:22 -0700

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:24:43PM -0700, jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:55:31PM -0700, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Ok lets see. What happens to a "i build many improvements player" when he
> > doesn't have to pay for marketplaces(+banks and stock exchanges).
> >
> > The gain from Adam Smiths is reduced.
> > Can rapture without having taxrate > 0
> > Has a little bit more money than he would have with standard rules. So
> > he can research faster, or is more powerful in war.
>
> In other words,  he has a chance against the "i build many cities player".
> In my experience, the "i build many improvements player" is destroyed by
> the "i build many cities player" long before they get around to building
> say a stock exchange.  Does anyone out there have a different experience?

Think i could prove you thats possible to win a game against an ics
player with a build many improvements tactic.

But in normal game the ICS player should win because of the nearly
exponentiell growth of his production.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.