[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5419) Marketplace should have 0 upkeep.

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5419) Marketplace should have 0 upkeep.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:15:01 -0700

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Guest wrote:
> In the standard game Marketplaces cost 80 shields and require 1 upkeep.
> I think that the upkeep should be free for the following reasons:
>
> 1.Paradoxical Behavior.
> Marketplaces can often cause less gold or the same amount of gold
> to be produced.
> 2.Inital Cost Sufficient

I think this is a good idea, however it should be done to Bank and
Stock Exchange too for consistency.

(I also think the build costs of these buildings are too high, but that is
something we should revisit in the upcoming discussion about smallpox vs
largepox that we'll have once gen effects are in cvs.)

  - Per