[Freeciv-Dev] Newsflash, I played a bunch of games this weekend

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Newsflash, I played a bunch of games this weekend
From: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:00:08 -0700

I was traveling to my wife's uncle's 70th birthday party in Las Vegas
this weekend (interesting isn't it?).  Lucky for me, my father-in-law
did all the driving.  Which meant that I got to play lots of Freeciv
between wiping up spit-up, returning the pacifier, and changing diapers.

I found quite a few things I wanted to bring up.  Some are bugs, some
just observations.

I can submit tickets for some of these if people would like, but I
didn't want to open a load of tickets.

I think using nukes should damage your reputation or hurt your alliances
(I seem to remeber this in some incarnation of Payciv).

Client side (I was using gtk+2):

Changing Science/Tax/Luxury by clicking on the taxmen/elvi/scientists
is super slow.  It keeps trying to redraw the tooltip.

Sorting in the city list changes a column width (adds the little arrow),
also adding a column from show changes the width. When this is done, the
rows don't redraw correctly until you sort again or mouse over each one.

Selecting multiple cities and changing production works fine, all the
cities stay selected.  But if you select multiple cities and change the
CMA, only one city remains selected.

The Economy report isn't sortable.

Buying a slew of things from the city list is horribly slow.  Is there
anyway to make this better?

I was seeing blank lines in the message window and the output.  Is this
a known issue?  I can investigate more.

And lastly, in a default gnome setup the background in the panel and
task switcher is light gray.  The Freeciv icon is white, which is really
hard to see on light gray.  (Did it used to be black?)

I also had a really good time!  Long live Freeciv.
--
Paul Zastoupil