[Freeciv-Dev] agents, tiles, recycled IDs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] agents, tiles, recycled IDs
From: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

During the development of puppetter interface
I came to the following questions I'd be happy to find answers for:

1) Easy one:
   Is there a guaranty that unit/city IDs never recycled?
   I mean can I assume that if for example a unit has been killed
   its id will never be used again in the same game?

2) Are there any plans on extending agents interface to react
   on map tiles as it reacts on units and cities?

3) It would be usefull when getting notification on unit change
   to access the old state of the unit.
   So agents can easily determine which of unit fields have changed.
   With no access to the old state the only possibility for agent to
   figure out changes is to keep track of all available units.
   I have already asked the question at freeciv-ai@ but unfortunately got no
answer. :(

thanks,
Alexander Gorshenev