[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5254) Worklist commands: first, change, next, last

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5254) Worklist commands: first, change, next, last
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:27:47 -0700

I find when I want to change production in the worklist, I do one of
four things:

1.) Add the new production ahead of everything (including current
production), moving everything back.
2.) Change the current production.
3.) Add the new production ahead of everything EXCEPT current production.
4.) Add it to the end of the worklist.

With 1.14.0 in the city dialog, these operations are pretty simple.
With the current CVS for the GTK-2 client, the first one is fairly
difficult, and AFAIK only the second can be done without using the mouse.

While it shouldn't be too hard to go back to 1.14.0 functionality, I
think it would work better if there were "First", "Change", "Next", and
"Last" buttons to cover the respective functions.  In addition to
enhancing the individual city dialog, these functions would also work
for the cities summary dialog.  I could see this being done either as
seperate menus, radio buttons along the top, or XOR check marks under
the "Change" menu (in which case the menu should probably be renamed
something like "Production").

--

++JohnWheeler