[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4767) "frozen" report dialogs are useless

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4767) "frozen" report dialogs are useless
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:52:22 -0700

I'm playing on a high-lag connection (because the server is running
under valgrind, but this is irrelevant).  So the end-of-turn time is long.

But I can't pop up any new report dialogs during this time, because
report dialogs are "frozen" by the server.

Overall, this is rediculously bad.  Enforcing the freeze at the GUI
level is just asking for trouble.  For instance the "refresh" button in
the units dialog also does nothing.

The freeze needs to be enforced at a low level, e.g. in packhand.c.

See also PR#712.

jason