Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4674) small clean up in unit vision range calculat

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4674) small clean up in unit vision range calculations
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:13:40 -0700

Dnia 2003.07.25 08:26, Jason Short napisa³(a):

> I have cleaned your patch up a little bit:
>
> - First off, get_unit_vision_range should call
> unit_profits_of_watchtower and get_watchtower_vision rather than
> calculating this manually.  This means this function needs to go into
> the server code, which is where it belongs (clients apparently don't
> know about watchtowers).  In the future all three functions could be
> moved back into unit.[ch] if the clients need it.
those are good cleans when we put this only to server code but IMHO
this function should be in common side. But if current only server use
it then go to server :)

> - You've fixed several apparent bugs along with your cleanups.  I've
> removed the bugfixes.
here I want ask ...
What we should do first (when unit was upgraded ) ?
fog_area (with old vision range ) then unfog_area (with new vision
range ) or  unfog_area (with new vision range ) then fog_area (with old
vision range )

> - I removed the arbitrary cleanups - e.g. reordering struct fields.
Bad Jason, Bad ... :)

Rafal