Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4593) Diplomats

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4593) Diplomats
From: "Genevieve Gracian" <ggracian@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:00:08 -0700

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:06:57 +0000 (GMT)
"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Genevieve Gracian wrote:
> > super-power 1: unlimited moves
> >
> > One thing which seems to be the bigger super-power is the ability of
> > engaging
> > an unlimited number of combats against a city regardless of the moves left
> > for
> > the attacking dip and without suffering any damage until the end of the
> > contest.
> > - raise the efficiency of defending dips in a city (for example by
> > really taking a move to the attacker in a dip contest).
>
> I've committed the increased incite cost patch now, hopefully it helps a
> little. Here is another patch that makes the diplomat go idle after
> winning a diplomat contest, and then loses one movement point.
>
> Please test and comment.

About incite cost, it's a good thing imho to take care about happiness,
original builder of the city and "values" in the city (units and
improvments).

I just noticed that Courthouse acts as a cost multiplicator but Women
Suffrage doesn't seem to do so. Is that intended ?

The "lose one move after constest" is ok for me and may prevent
diplomats from being easy-systematical-attackers of inland cities since
bribing a one-defended-dip city in one turn requiers two dips at least
and probably also a "real military unit" to bodyguard them.

As minor thing I could notice the moves left for the dip aren't
correctly refreshed in the left panel of the client and on info popup.

G. Gracian