Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:45:18 -0700

Since the question of how a Union treaty might unbalance the game remains
unresolved, and Raimar says the Union idea doesn't "feel right", I suggest
that it is restricted to teams only, and is called "Team Research"
instead. It should be on by default, I think.

For non-team games, the option is unavailable.

If you do not want this feature in at all, please let this be known now
before I spend time reworking the patch. I do not have time to rewrite the
patch into someting else (for example a Research Treaty, see another
post), so asking for this means in effect that the feature will not be
implemented at all unless someone else takes over and start working on it.

  - Per