Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4420) New traderoute rules

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4420) New traderoute rules
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:58:42 -0700

Hi All

This patch try implement some civ2 trade rules like :
1) when home city has max allowed traderoutes and new traderoute give
homecity better result then smalest traderoute will be removed and new
will be establish in this place.
2) when dstcity has max allowed traderoutes and new traderoute give
dstcity better result then smalest traderoute will be removed and new
will be establish in this place.
3) you can all the time enter caravans to city and get gold and science
bonus, even there is trade route estabilished. In this case you don't
establish any traderoute only get this bonus (reduced -> bonus / 3 ).
This make trade more important becouse you can get additional research
speed using caravans.
Only limit is min distance of both cities (8 tiles).

Problems:
- I don't want corrupt AI and can_establish_trade_route(...) still
return FALSE when both city have established traderoute. In this case
AI can't use 3) but can use 1) and 2).
- All clients use this check ( can_establish_trade_route(...) ) then
have this problem too.

IMHO we need new check and menu option, something like :
- can_enter_marketplace(...) will check distace limit.
- "Enter Marketplace" or "Sell All Wares" when cities have established
traderoute.

Rafal