Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4340) more gtk2 'change production' button woes

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4340) more gtk2 'change production' button woes
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:47:21 -0700

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 12:55:08AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> I'll continue to complain about this. It plain doesn't work the way it is
> expected to. Here is another bug report:
>
> Open city dlg, start producing A and put B and C into production queue.
> Close city dlg. Open it again. Now delete B from production queue. Try
> 'change production'. It doesn't work, A is still being produced. Add D to
> queue and press 'change production', and you start producing D. Add E, F
> and G to queue, and press 'change production', and you produce G. This
> seems to indicate that the queue works bottom first, but that is not true
> - when you complete a production, you pick the uppermost item in the
> queue.
>
> It just doesn't work. Sorry.

[ I didn' want to create another thread ]

Is it possible that we get a "real" queue? Currently the item in
production is special. There is no reason for this except maybe
historical roots. This change would be GUI/client only. The server can
still think in the current schema (current production + queue). But I
have the feeling that the convsersion of the server will also enable
us to make the code simpler.

So I would change the Production info in the Overview page to a
read-only list. It is enough if it only shows the tree top-most
entries. Name and time is enough for these entries.

In the Production page the Change button will go and also the info at
the top.

Also related to this: can we move the Buy button to the overview page?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I was dead ... but I'm better now."