Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4327) Statue of Liberty: inconsistency between docs an

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4327) Statue of Liberty: inconsistency between docs and actual behavior.
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:12:23 -0700

Docs say that Statue of Liberty allows switching governments
"without the transition period of anarchy".  This is not what
in fact happens, as of 1.14.0.

Steps to reproduce:
 1. Build Statue of Liberty.  Wait for it to complete.  Confirm
    that it is present in the list of improvements for that city.
 2. Start a Revolution.

Expected Results:
  Dialog asking what form of government I want.

Actual Results:
  Anarchy for one turn.  In that one turn I lost engineers or
  population due to famine in two dozen cities.  Good thing I
  was only playing against the AI.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Statue of Liberty do what the docs
say it does, since that would make it actually useful to build.
But ad interim the docs should reflect what it actually does.

 -- jonadab@xxxxxxxxxx, logged in as guest because the login
    page suggests getting an account but doesn't say how to do so.