Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4202) No more allied-allied-war v2

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4202) No more allied-allied-war v2
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 04:48:53 -0700

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> This is an updated version of the "forbid alliance with an ally of my
> enemy" patch. It fixes some bugs and adds sanity detection on savegame
> load. Also attached are two savegames to prove that the patch works as
> intended.

Patch looks sane (although I didn't test it).  Two complaints:
1. when we hit "accept treaty" button, you patch checks if we are at war
with one of the opponent's allies.  I think it's more logical to check if
the opponent is at war with our allies, since it's our obligation to
ensure we are not making love with a common enemy.

2. I think you can easily avoid the goto repeat_cancel_treaty by using
do { } while(repeat);  Don't forget to add
} else {
  repeat = FALSE;
}
though.