Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units requiring more than one tech

To: Morgan Jones <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units requiring more than one tech
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:12:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Morgan Jones wrote:
> I was wondering how feasible/practical it would be to have units
> that require two techs rather than one, similar to how it is in the
> tech.ruleset with 'req1' and 'req2'.
>
> The reason I ask is that it could really expand the possibilities of
> modpacks.

I don't really think it is necessary. You can do the same by adding a new
tech that has these two techs as requirements and making this new tech the
requirement for the unit. Of course, then you'd have to research one more
tech... but for any new modpack you will have to design it with some
limitations. Right now I think there are other limitations that need to
addressed.

  - Per