Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Standalone AI API?

To: Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Standalone AI API?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:05:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Russ Lewis wrote:
> I would like to experiment with writing an AI player as a standalone
> application.(Yeah, I know all the disclaimers about this being hard.)
>  Is there an API that would make it fairly easy to write such a thing?
>  Could I hack up another "client," or does that code assume too much
> about GUIs?

Yes, you can hack up another client, see client/gui-stub/. Please read the
freeciv-ai mailing list archives for more information about this. It has
been discussed extensively in the past.

Anyone volunteer to compress the previous discussions into a web page
that we can put up on www.freeciv.org, perhaps with mail archives links
to the relevant discussions?

  - Per