Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4289) Pixel scroller

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4289) Pixel scroller
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:31:25 -0700

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 09:56:50AM -0700, a-l@xxxxxxx wrote:
> "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:19:20PM -0700, a-l@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > > A pixel scroller for Freeciv. Premature demo version.
> >
> > ok, this is a fricking cool feature. to everybody out there, you really
> > ought to try it.

It's great.

The "c" key (recentering) does no scrolling. (GTK 1.2)

> I run a 1 GH box with whizbang gfx card. I would appreciate feedback
> on how it runs on, say, 233-600 Mhz or so. In particular:

Now the good news. Here works a K6-2 200 with nvidia TNT (2 I think) 16MB
PCI graphics.

> - If you have a slower machine, do you get any improvement in
> smoothness from reducing the framerate below 60 fps?

No. It just works smooth. With 20fps it's a bit flickery.

> It is self-timing and could become self-adjusting if there's an
> appropriate algorithm to be found.

Works out of the box here.

> - If you have an older gfx card, does the screen totally fuck up?

I can try to run it on a P 1 - 100 with an older card. But that machine is
no fun with Freeciv anyway.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/