Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4289) Pixel scroller

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4289) Pixel scroller
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:32:04 -0700

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:19:20PM -0700, a-l@xxxxxxx wrote:

> A pixel scroller for Freeciv. Premature demo version.

ok, this is a fricking cool feature. to everybody out there, you really
ought to try it.

however:

o this screams for a help topic. There are a lot of options and they
  need to be explained.
o There probably also needs to be an option to define the width of the
  active border. I was a little confused about that at the beginning.
o why is 60fps the max? The timer should have a resolution of microseconds.
o I was having a bit of trouble clicking on the menu after resizing the
  window.
o the mouse should become inactive when it leaves the map_canvas. This
  should prevent the scroller from working when you're say changing your
  local options (or manipulating any other dialog).
o I only glanced at the code, but it looks like there are a few places that
  need to be restylified.
o assigned to Jason

-mike