Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4244) gtk2 client: esc and return on dialogs

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4244) gtk2 client: esc and return on dialogs
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:40:02 -0700

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:

> In the gtk1 client RETURN closes all F[1-11] dialogs. ESC closes all
> except F10. In the gtk2 client the F7, F8 and F11 can be closed with
> RETURN. ESC does nothing. Bug or feature?

It works in GTK+ 2.0 but the GTK+ people nicely removed that ESC feature
in GTK+ 2.2.
Now it only works on windows with a 'cancel' button but not 'close'. Go
figure. I have posted a report on the GTK+ bug tracker about this quite
some time ago.

Ok also used to be working fine on 2.0 but now it seems to be broken on
windows with lists inside. Argh.

This is probably also one of the 'new features' added to 2.2.

---