Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4198) Re: [Freeciv] loading a game

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4198) Re: [Freeciv] loading a game
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:29:19 -0700

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:33:33AM -0700, phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 10:10:42AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 04:33:33PM -0700, phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > To whoever:
> > >   I can get the civserver to load a game exept it crashes once it is
> > > loaded.  It does something like this:
> > >
> > > This is the server for Freeciv version 1.12.0
> > > You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
> > > 0: Did not find required token: entry_name
> > > 0:   file "civgame-2617m.sav.gz", line 2335, pos 0
> > > 0:   looking at: '2: Now accepting new client connections.'
> > > 0:   original line: '2: Now accepting new client connections.'
> > >
> > >   Is this because there are options that I need to have preset in order
> > > for the game to load properly?  Your help would be appriciated.  My
> > > e-mail
> > > address is phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >   Phillip
> >
> > Which server created the file civgame-2617m.sav.gz? The same server
> > which now refuses to load it? Can you send the savegame per mail?
> >
> >     Raimar
> >
> > --
> >  email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >   This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security.
> >
> >Raimar,
>       Yes it is the same server that refuses to load. I type in the command
> civserver -f civgame-2617m.sav.gz.  I am not really familiar with this mail
> program but I am trying to send you the civgame-2617m.sav.gz file.

Reason is:

$ gzip -c -d >/dev/null civgame-2617m.sav.gz

gzip: civgame-2617m.sav.gz: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored

Lets take a look at the garbage:
$ tail civgame-2617m.sav.gz
!.~,_þê\ï1Ýe2: Now accepting new client connections.
^[[?1;2c2: Connection request from phillip from menace
2: phillip has client version 1.12.0
2: phillip has joined as player phillip.
2: Now accepting new client connections.
$

So somehow we some ascii text got appended to the gzip stream. There
is a real error and one which may exists.

1) the server should read such a savegame without the error above

2) it is unclear what causes the "garbage" at the end of this
file. This may be another error.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb."